We’ve all misplaced things at some point. Usually it’s our car keys, phone or money. But for some of you it may be your driving licence. If you still can’t find it after searching high and low, call off the search and apply for a new one at https://www.gov.uk/apply-online-to-replace-a-driving-licence.

You only need to tell the police if you think it was stolen.


Winter driving, the eyes have it!

Ah, the lovely winter weather. Darker mornings, glare from the low setting winter sun, reduced visibility in rain and fog, as well as wet and icy weather and shorter daylight hours… These all make driving conditions more difficult, particularly if you have problems with your eyesight.

So don’t risk it – get your eyes tested at least every 2 years, and see your optician if you notice any changes to your eyesight.




Theory test, put the work in use the FORCE! (Oh and TOPTESTS.CO.UK)

Prepping for the theory test has never been more simple (and FREE!) don't listen to those people who try to sign you up for a paid service!

Try - https://toptests.co.uk/ This added to your Driving test success App and Highway code mean you will motor through the test.

Ice, Ice baby!tips for safe icey roads

Tips for driving in the snow:

  1. Accelerate and decelerate slowly. ... 

  2. Drive slowly & steer gradually ... 

  3. The normal road following distance should be increased to ten seconds. ... 

  4. Know your brakes. ... 

  5. Don't power up hills, stay in high gears ... 

  6. Try to avoid any sudden stops, esp going up a hill. ... 

  7. Avoid unnecessary trips out


What do I do if I hit an animal when driving?

Report a dead or injured animal


What you need to do depends on the type of animal, and whether you were involved in an accident with it.

Report a car accident with an animal

You must stop and report the accident to the police if you hit any:

  • dogs

  • horses

  • cattle, eg cows

  • pigs

  • goats

  • sheep

  • donkeys and mules

You must do this as quickly as you can, whether the animal is killed or not.

Report an injured animal

Report an injured animal to the RSPCA in England or Wales or its equivalent in Scotland or Northern Ireland.

Telephone: 0300 1234 999 
Find out about call charges

Report a dead animal to your local council

You can report any dead animals you find on the road to the local council.

This includes wild animals like badgers and foxes, as well as domestic pets such as cats and dogs.